Carrots with Garlic Glaze
- 1 lb carrots, cut into julienne strips (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, sliced 1/2 inch thick (2/3 cup)
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. In a medium saucepan precook carrots, covered, in small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
2. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, soy sauce, cornstarch, and hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
3. Pour cooking oil into a wok or 12-inch skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry ginger and garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add carrots and leeks; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Push vegetables from the center of the wok.
4. Stir sauce. Add the sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir all ingredients together to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
You'll also love
- Molasses marinade for grilled pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hash Brown Apple Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- cranberry-cherry lattice pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Beets with Orange... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke Tapenade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Rosemary Lamb Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Green Bean Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)