Baked penne with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 Tbs. butter, plus more for the baking dishes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 oz. each) halved horizontally
- ½ cup plus 2 TBS. of all purpose flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups whole milk
- 10 oz. white mushrooms trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup oil packed sun-tried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups shredded provolone (6oz.)
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan (4 oz.)
Pre head oven to 400, butter 2 shallow 2 quart baking dishes. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta 3 min short of al dente, drain pasta and return to pot.
In a large non stick skill. Heat oil over medium high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout. 3 to 5 minutes per side. Halve each piece lengthwise, and then thinly slice crosswise.
In a 5 qt. dutch0ven or heavy pot, melt butter over medium. Add flour and garlic; cook whisking 1 minute. While whisking gradually add milk, bring to a simmer, whisking frequently. Add mushroom and tomatoes. Cook one minute. Off heat gradually stir in provolone and ½ cup Parmesan.
Add chicken and pasta to pot. Season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta mixture between baking dishes. Sprinkle each with ¼ cup Parmesan
Bake uncovered until top is golden and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
To freeze, Prepare thought step 4, let cool. Cover tightly with foil and freeze up to 3 months.
To bake from frozen, Preheat oven to 400 and bake (still covered in foil) on a rimmed baking sheet until center is hot. About 1 ½ hours. Remove foil bake until golden. About 15 minutes more
You'll also love
- Spinach & Roasted Red Pepper Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Appetizer-Tiny Tuna Pizzas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry-Lime Puree 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Potato Wedges 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus, Pasta & Wine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Gnocchi with Beef Ragu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguini with Fresh tomato and... 0/5 (0 Votes)