Mango Royale or Mango Float is a popular Filipino no bake refrigerated cake made out of sweetened whipped cream and mangoes in a Malt cracker base. I am not 100% sure where did this dessert originated but with the American influence in the Philippines it looks like this is a variation of the icebox cake where whipped cream and chocolate wafers are stacked to each other to form one big piece of cake. Basically the idea is for the wafers sandwiched between cream layers to absorb enough moisture to ease the cutting process when served individually. To achieve that is that this dessert is left for 24 hours in the refrigerator to set before consumption.
There are lot of variations of this ice box cake in the States where you can see puddings are used in replacement to cream, graham crackers are used in replacement of wafers and sometimes chocolate, bananas or pineapples are used between the layers. In the Philippines our version is the use of our local mangoes and condensed milk. A very easy dessert to make the only hard part is to wait for it to set.
- 3 pcs Filipino mangoes, chilled and slice into cubed
- 2 cups cream, chilled
- 1 cup condensed milk, chilled
- 1 1/2 cup crushed Graham crackers
- 5-6 pcs Graham crackers
- 6 tbsp melted butter
. In a 9 in cake pan add the crushed graham crackers.
2. Pour melted butter on top evenly then mix with the crushed graham crackers, mix well then flatten to form the base. Set aside and place in the freezer.
3. Whip the rip him cream and when stiff peaks form gradually add condensed milk, continue to mix in lowest hand mixer setting until combined.
4. Remove the cake pan from the freezer then pour half of the cream mixture and place whole graham crackers to cover the top ready for the next layer.
5. Pour the remaining half of the cream mixture then top it with cubed mangoes. Cover cake pan with cling wrap and set aside in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
6. For even better result, place in freezer 2-3 hours before serving, it will be something like a cross between cake and ice cream cake.
You'll also love
- Extra Special Mango Float 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Fettuccine Alfredo, Michael Symon 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin in Bourbon-Brown... 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Bananas Foster Cheesecake 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Choctaw fall cake (Native American... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Banana-Coconut Crunch Cake 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Rum-Glazed Shrimp and Mango 4.4/5 (7 Votes)