- 800 g deboned pork hock, cubed (you can use any other pork part, I just like this part for this recipe)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Philippine Soy Sauce or Kikkoman (use of other soy sauce will yield a different taste)
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a pot add oil and using medium heat sauté garlic until it becomes golden brown.
2. Add pork pieces and brown on all sides.
3. Add water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and bay leaf then bring to a boil and simmer for an hour if you are using pork belly and an hour and a half if using pork hock. Add more water if required but the final consistency should be thick.
4. Add hard boiled eggs, season with freshly ground black pepper then simmer for additional 10 minutes.