Chicken mango & Sugar Snap Pea Salad
Great colorful salad, very healthy !!
- 3 boneless , skinless chicken breast ( 6oz each)
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 T minced peeled fresh ginger
- 6 oz sugar snap peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 med. ripe mango peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 med. cucumber peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 oz baby arugula leaves ( about 4 handfuls)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. In large skillet cover chicken in lightly salted water. bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until cooked through but still juicy, about 12 min. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly.
2. While chicken is cooking, whisk together lime juice, oil, soy sauce, and ginger in a small bowl. Bring a second saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add snap peas and cook for 30 seconds, drain in a colander and rinse under cold water, drain again.
3. Dice chicken and place in a bowl. Add 2 1/2 T of dressing and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste
4. In a large bowl, toss snap peas , mango , cucumber , mint and arugula with remaining dressing. Serve salad topped with diced chicken.
239 cal/ serving; 5 g. fat; 15 g. carb; 247 sodium; 3 g fiber'; 32 g. protein
You'll also love
- Swordfish Cartoccio 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLE-STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Simple Beef Chili with Kidney Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple-Coconut Mahi-Mahi 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Spicy Black Bean-Corn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- chipotle mango salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with Mango... 0/5 (0 Votes)