Oatmeal Date Bars
Yum! The whole family will love these date filled bars with a chewy oatmeal crust.
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg white
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a small saucepan, combine the dates, water and sugar. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring constantly.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in the butter and egg white until blended. Pat half of the mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Carefully spread with date mixture. Gently pat remaining oat mixture over date mixture.
Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
You'll also love
- Banana Cake Filling 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Kentucky Lemonade 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Bonnies Snow Ghost Cocoa Cream Pie 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Crack Cake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cookies (with filling -... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- White Chocolate-Raspberry... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Date Surprise Cookies 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts With... 4/5 (1 Votes)