Pan-Seared Sirloin Tips with Goat Cheese Potatoes
Rachael Ray Magazine
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 russet potatoes (8 oz. each) -- scrubbed, dried and pricked with a fork
- 4 ouncesgoat cheese
- 1/4 cupwhole milk
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoonvegetable oil
- 4 sirloin tip steaks (3/4-inch thick, about 6 oz. each)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . In a large heavy skillet (preferably cast- iron), crisp the bacon over medium heat for 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towellined plate; crumble once cooled.
2. Bake the potatoes until skins are crisp, about 1 hour. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
3. Preheat the broiler. Cut a deep X into the top of each warm potato; squeeze the sides to push the flesh out. Scrape the flesh into a bowl, leaving a thin layer attached to the skin. Mash the potatoes, then mix in the goat cheese, milk and two-thirds of the scallions; season. Spoon the mixture into the skins; transfer to a baking dish.
4. Wipe the skillet used for the bacon clean and heat it over medium-high heat; swirl in the oil. Season the steaks; sear, flipping halfway through, 6 minutes for medium- rare. Let rest 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, brown the potatoes under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with the remaining scallions and the bacon. Serve with the steaks.
You'll also love
- Tomato-Tequila Fizz 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Stuffed Avocados with Cilantro (or... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Harvard beets 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Dry Cured Bacon 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Pork with Apples 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Crockpot beef potroast 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Red... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Potato Crust Vegetable Pizza 4.5/5 (6 Votes)