Crockpot Beef & Broccoli
No more Chinese take out when you can make this Beef and Broccoli recipe easily in your slow cooker! Serve over hot cooked rice, and don't forget fortune cookies!
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consommé
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- Hot cooked rice (brown rice, or riced cauliflower)
Preparation time 15mins
Place beef in a crock pot.
In a small bowl, combine consommé, soy sauce, brown sugar/honey, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine. (If your sauce is not thickening, try bringing your sauce to a boil on the stovetop with the corn starch mixture. Boil until your desired consistency is reached).
Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
Serve over hot cooked rice.
You'll also love
- Party-Friendly Mexican Chicken... 4.5/5 (94 Votes)
- Lentil and Basil Pesto Pasta 4.4/5 (104 Votes)
- Crab Cakes 4.5/5 (93 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.4/5 (105 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cheesecake 4.3/5 (112 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Butter Pollock Fillets 4/5 (268 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with... 4.5/5 (89 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Broccoli Cheese... 4.5/5 (97 Votes)