Old Fashioned Tapioca Pudding
Enjoy some fresh fruit along with this pudding. It will add flavor and color, along with fiber.
3 weightwatcher points per serving
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 3 tablespoons sugar-substitute
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light pancake syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, use higher omega-3 egg, if available
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups 1 % low-fat or skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of ground cinnamon, optional
Adapted from recipe.com
1.Add tapioca, sugar-substitute, sugar, pancake syrup, salt, egg, egg substitute, and milk to a medium nonstick saucepan and whisk until smooth. Let stand (don’t stir), for exactly 5 minutes.
2.Cook over medium heat, stirring often, just until mixture comes to a full boil. Stir in vanilla extract and ground cinnamon, if desired. Transfer pudding to a medium bowl that is sitting in a larger bowl partly filled with ice. Let stand, stirring occasionally, for about 12 minutes.
3.Spoon into 4 serving dishes or cups and eat immediately, or cover dishes with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator (serve within 2 days).