Lentil, Corn, and Sweet Pepper Chili
- 6 Points Plus per serving
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lg. onion finely chopped
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 c. broth
- 1 1/2 c. lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 c. fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 lg. red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 oz.) can chopped green chilis, drained
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat non stick dutch oven, swiorl in oil, then add the onion. Saute until golden, about 7 mins. Add the tomatoes, broth, and lentils, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 20 mins.
2. Add the corn, bell pepper, chiles, cumin, coriander, and salt. Return the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the lentils and gegetables are tender, about 15 mins.