Tuna Steaks with Wasabi Mayonnaise Recipe
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs minced scallions, green and white parts
- 1 Tbs wasabi paste
- 2 Tbs teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar
- 4 (8-ounce, 1-inch thick) tuna steaks
- Vegetable oil
1. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, scallions and wasabi paste until blended. Cover and refrigerate.
2. In a separate small bowl, whisk together teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Place tuna in a resealable plastic bag. Pour teriyaki mixture over tuna, seal bag and turn to coat tuna. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
3. Brush grill with vegetable oil and preheat over medium-high heat.
4. Drain tuna and grill 4 minutes on each side for medium, or to desired degree of doneness. Top each tuna steak with about 2 tablespoons of wasabi mayonnaise.