Chicken Broccoli Pasta
- 8 ounces penne or other small pasta shape
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 Cup grated cabot tomato basil cheddar
1. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne according to package directions, adding broccoli for last 2 minutes of cooking time.
2. Remove 1/2 cups of cooking water and set aside. Drain penne and broccoli in colander.
3. Return pot to heat and add oil and garlic;stir until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add drained penne and broccoli, reserved cooking water and salt.
4. Remove pan from heat and add chicken and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.