Wild Rice Dressing with Roasted Chestnuts & Cranberries
Looking for the perfect Thanksgiving side dish? Try this delicious Wild Rice Dressing with Roasted Chestnuts & Cranberries. Anyone fortunate enough to try it, will be very happy it's on your table! :)
3/4 cup serving, ww points: 6
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups whole roasted bottled chestnuts
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups halved lengthwise and thinly sliced carrot
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Combine rice, broth, 2 cups water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. (Do not drain.) Place rice in a large bowl; cover.
Arrange chestnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Cool slightly; cut chestnuts into quarters.
Place cranberries in a small bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 20 minutes or until soft. Drain and add to rice.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, and celery; cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in herbs; remove from heat. Add to rice mixture. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, chestnuts, and pepper.
Spoon rice mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Refrigerator Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spooky Surprise Cupcakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini, Red Beans & Rice 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spiced Brown Sugar Cookie Cut Outs 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chorizo Sausage and Apple Dressing 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage & Exotic Mushroom Stuffing 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Black Bean, Mushroom & Spinach... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Philly Sliders 5/5 (1 Votes)