French Onion Pizza au Gratin
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound thickly sliced deli roast beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 prebaked 12 inch pizza crust
- 3/4 cup French onion dip
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a large skillet, sauté onion with brown sugar in 1 tablespoon oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Stir in vinegar and garlic. Remove from the heat; add bourbon if desired. Continue cooking until liquid is nearly evaporated.
In another skillet, sauté the mushrooms in remaining oil until tender; add roast beef and heat through.
Place curst on a pizza pan; spread with French onion dip. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, onion mixture, red pepper, mushroom misture and Swiss cheese.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with rosemary.