Carbs, Pasta:Tomato Basil Pasta
Throw it all in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked Pasta, and cook! - Bring it to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles. The other ingredients cook right along with the pasta
- 12 ounces pasta (I used Linguine)
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid ( I used zesty red pepper flavor)
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Adapted from facebook.com
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
Season to taste with salt and pepper , stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Salmon Foil Packet 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Lime Chess Pie 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple juice 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sausage and Summer Squash 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Carrot Ginger Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasta Carbonara with Hickory... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta with... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash & Tomato Bake 4.4/5 (24 Votes)