One-Pot Chicken Couscous
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (13 3/4 ounces) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups couscous, cooked
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in hot oil until well browned on all sides. With slotted spoon, remove chicken to plate. Reduce heat to medium. In drippings remaining in skillet, cook carrots and onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
Add chicken broth, couscous, Tabasco pepper sauce, salt and chicken. Heat to boiling then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in raisins, almonds and parsley.