Acorn Squash with Cranberry Butter Pecan Stuffing
- 2 small acorn squash
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup butter pecan syrup, divided
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup seasoned dry herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and excess moisture removed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped & divided
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
Adapted from thanksgiving.betterrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut each squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stringy material. Place squash halves, cut side up in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of butter and 1/2 tablespoon syrup over each cut half. Sprinkle each cut half with 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium size skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter and oil until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in stuffing mix, chicken broth, sage, cranberries, spinach and 3 tablespoons of chopped pecans. Taste stuffing and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired. Remove skillet from heat.
After squash has baked for 30 minutes, remove dish from oven. Divide the stuffing mixture between the 4 squash halves and fill cavities with stuffing. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of remaining syrup over each stuffed squash (onto the stuffing) and divide and sprinkle each half with the remaining chopped pecans (3/4 teaspoon each). Return to the oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until squash is fork tender and stuffing is heated through.
You'll also love
- BAKED LOBSTER TAILS 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Strata 4/5 (1 Votes)
- BANANA NUT MUFFINS 4/5 (1 Votes)
- P.F.Chang's Lettuce Wraps Recipe... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- SHRIMP W/ARTICHOKE HEARTS 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pie: Berry Best Blueberry 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dulce De Leche Pumpkin Cupcakes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Meringue Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)