The Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie
Nothing better than having a homemade chicken pot pie! Try this recipe, we know you will love it.
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm® puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cubed chicken, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Press the pastry into a 2-quart round casserole. Trim the excess pastry. Prick the pastry thoroughly with a fork. Place aluminum foil onto the surface of the pastry.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil.
Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, onions and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the flour and cook and stir for 3 minutes or until the flour is golden brown. Slowly stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
Stir in the mustard, thyme, black pepper, chicken, peas and 3 tablespoons parsley. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Unfold the remaining pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry sheet crosswise into 6 (1 1/2-inch thick) strips.
Spoon the chicken mixture into the casserole. Weave a lattice pattern over the filling with the pastry strips. Trim any excess pastry. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Place the casserole onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is hot and bubbling and the pastry is golden brown.
Review this recipe