Pan Seared Scallops and Spinach
- 1 pound sea Scallops (about 20-24)
- 1/2 C. Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 2 T Finely Chopped Shallots
- 1 Lemon
- 1 t. Olive Oil
- 1 package (about 10 oz.) Baby Spinach
- 1 T. Butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 27mins
1. Remove muscle from the side of each scallop. Wash under cold running water and pat dry. Lightly season with salt.
2. Dice pepper and chop shallots. Zest 1 t. lemon and Squeeze 1 T. juice.
3. Heat skillet over high heat 5 min. Add olive oil, bell pepper, shallots. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add spinach, lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until spinach starts to wilt. Remove to serving platter. Discarding any liquid from skillet.
4. Return skillet to high heat for 2-3 minutes. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add scallops. Cook 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown, turning once. Add butter and toss to coat.
5. Place scallops on a bed of spinach to serve.
You'll also love
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp(or Sausage) Fettuccine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macadamia and Panko Crusted Cod 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BUTTERMILK BACON SPINACH QUICHE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hungry Girl Pumpkin Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Pear, Macadamia, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Melting Pot Shrimp Marinade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghettini with Pine Nuts and... 0/5 (0 Votes)