Radish and Quinoa Salad with White Beans
With spring radishes and spinach, quinoa and zesty lemon, it’s both nutritious and delightfully fresh tasting.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 bunch radishes
- 3 scallions
- 1 1/2 cans white beans (or ~ 2 1/2 cups cooked)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Chopped walnuts or pepitas (optional)
Adapted from acouplecooks.com
Make the quinoa.
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables: chop or chiffonade the spinach. Thinly slice the radishes and scallions. Drain and rinse the beans. Place the vegetables in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons olive oil. 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Mix to combine.
When the quinoa is done, let it cool to about room temperature (to quickly cool it down, spread it out onto a baking sheet or jelly roll pan in a thin layer; it will cool in a few minutes).
Mix the quinoa with the vegetables, then add lemon zest. Immediately prior to serving, squeeze on the juice of 1 lemon. If desired, serve topped with chopped walnuts or pepitas for some crunch.
*Note: If making ahead, make sure to leave out the lemon and nuts until immediately prior to serving; the same is true when eating leftovers, since the lemon taste fades over time.
You'll also love
- Grand Lux Cafe Strawberry Bellini 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Sticky and Sweet Popcorn (Clinton... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Sesame Noodles with Scallions and... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Chickpea & Artichoke Pâté 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Pub Patties with Horseradish Sauce... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Pesto Snap Peas 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Baked Cod with Chorizo & White... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)