Basil Chicken Meatballs with Ponzu Sauce
19 minutes prep. time.
Fat:10.2g (sat 3.9g,mono 3.9g,poly 1.9g)
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- Additional ingredients:
- Small basil leaves (optional)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. To prepare meatballs, combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; shape mixture into 16 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 8 meatballs to pan, and cook for 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove meatballs from pan, and arrange on the rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with the remaining 8 meatballs.
4. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until done.
5. To prepare the sauce, combine soy sauce, basil leaves, green onions, juices, 1 1/2 teaspoons water, mirin, and red pepper in a small bowl. Serve sauce with meatballs. Garnish with basil leaves and additional chopped green onions, if desired.