Lox with Asparagus and Raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice + 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 1 pinch each of dried thyme, dill and rosemary (or tarragon, Herbs D’Provence, or whatever you like)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil [9F]
- 16-24 spears asparagus, depending on size [1C]
- 6 oz smoked salmon, lox style preferred [6P]
- 2 cups fresh raspberries [4C]
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Adapted from zonedietprogram.net
Boil spears of asparagus in salted water until crispy tender, then place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain on paper towels and then place half on each plate.
Place the thinly sliced smoked salmon lox right on top of the asparagus.
Take the vinegar, lemon juice and zest, mustard, and dried herbs and whisk together in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while still whisking to emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Take a spoon and drizzle salmon and asparagus with 1 T of vinaigrette to each salad.
Add 1 cup of fresh raspberries to each salad and season with fresh pepper.