Greek Style Lentil Salad
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup bulger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or salad oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon style mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, sliced in thin wedges
- 1 small cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red or white onion
- 1-2.5 ounce can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup feta or bleu cheese crumbles
Bring water to a boil, add salt and bulger. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain and press to remove excess water. Pour into large bowl.
Bring water and lentils to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Rinse with cold water and drain.
Combine all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake well. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Makes 1/2 cup.
Combine bulgar, lentils, vegetables, and cheese in a large bowl. Toss with vinagrette. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
You'll also love
- Shrimp(or Sausage) Fettuccine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macadamia and Panko Crusted Cod 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BUTTERMILK BACON SPINACH QUICHE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vanilla Bean Coconut Yogurt... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Spicy Black Bean-Corn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- greek lamb chops on white bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LEMONY LENTIL SOUP 0/5 (0 Votes)