Blackened Shrimp with Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 1 head garlic
- 2 teas. EVOO
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teas. apple cider vinegar
- 2 teas. paprika
- 2 teasp. onion powder
- 1/2 teas. dried oregano
- 1/4 teas. cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
Preheat oven to 400.
Slice off the top of the garlic head. Brush with cut side with EVOO. Wrap in foil and bake until tender, 40 minutes. Let cool. Swueeze the garlic cloves from their skins into a food processor. Add the mayo and vinegar; puree. Transfer the aioli to a bowl and chill.
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the paprika, onion powder, oregano, cayenne and 1/2 teas. each salt and pepper over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in melted butter. Transfer to a bowl and add the shrimp to coat.
Brush a grill pan with EVOO and preheat over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until the spices are blackened, 2-4 minutes.
Serve with aioli dip.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (884 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (496 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (485 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)