This is a recipe for crab cakes. They are made from crabs and in the form of cakes. Made popular by the hit series "Crab Cake: Life in the Streets".
- 1 1/8 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared brown mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 green onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pound crabmeat
1. Preheat oven on broiler setting. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together crushed saltine crackers, mayonnaise, brown mustard, onion, celery, and Old Bay seasoning. Gently stir in the crabmeat. Shape into 6 patties. Place on prepared baking sheet.
3. Broil crab cakes 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.