Beef Pot Pie - The Best!
"Hearty comfort food at it's finest... Like a beef stew within a pie shell. Perfect for cold winter nights indoors. I happen to use a quiche' dish for an extra deep pie."
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups carrots, coins ( Grimway pre-sliced carrot coins in produce aisle)
- 1 small onions, diced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic ( I use refrigerated jar)
- 1 (1 lb) package boneless beef chuck ( 1 package of tips or cut beef into bite size pieces Note -- chuck has best flavor for this recipe bu)
- 1 pillsbury ready-made pie crusts ( 2 pie shells per package)
- olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans campbell's beef gravy
- Pam cooking spray
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 16mins
1. Boil celery, onion & carrots in water with 2 cubes boullion in medium pot until tender.
2. Meanwhile, brown meat in olive oil/butter with 1 tablespoon refrigerated minced garlic in large stock pot.
3. Drain meat when done & return to pot. Add 1 can Campbell's beef gravy. Then drain vegetables & add to meat & gravy. Simmer on low.
4. Spray deep pie dish (I use quiche' dish) with Pam.
5. Roll out pie crust & press into dish & up sides. Add beef/vegetable mixture.
6. Cover with top crust & press together both crusts then flute edges. Pierce top crust with fork to vent steam.
7. Bake 450 degrees x 35-45 minute until crust golden brown. After 20 minute cover edges with foil as to not burn.
Nutrition FactsBeef Pot Pie - the Best!
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8 Amount Per Serving %
Daily Value Calories 243.8
Calories from Fat 99 40%
Total Fat 11.0 g 16%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g 14%
Monounsaturated Fat 4.5 g 22%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.2 g 11%
Trans Fat 0.0 g 0%
Cholesterol 58.4 mg 19%
Sodium 561.3 mg 23%
Potassium 345.1 mg 9%
Magnesium 23.2 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g 5%
Sugars 2.0 g 8%
Protein 21.4 g 42%