Nancy's Famous Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 212 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking power
- 2 TBS orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Cream butter, sugar and egg until light and fluffy
2. Beat in flour, baking powder, orange juice and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
3. Chill 2-3 hours until firm enough to be rolled.
4. Roll out dough, 1/2 at a time on a well floured surface to 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Cut out with cookie cutters.
5. Bake near center of 400 oven for 6-10 minutes until golden brown on edges. Cool on wire rack. Frost or sprinkle with sugar.