Overnight Lettuce Salad
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 1/2 0z) water chestnuts, drained & sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices crispy fried, crumbled bacon. (I prefer bacon bits)
Cooking time 45mins
Layer lettuce, celery, green pepper, onion, peas, water chestnuts, and radished in a large salad bowl. Spread mayonnaise ( I prefer Miracle Whip because I think it adds more flavor) over the top, sealing the layer completely. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 24 hours or overnight.
Sprinkly with cheese and bacon. Garnish with radish slices, if desired. Toss before serving.