Serving Size: 1 (4 inch) gingerbread cookie
Calories 110 | Carbohydrates 13 g | Fiber 0 g \ Sugars 7g | Protein 1 g
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
Adapted from splenda.tastebook.com
1. Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice into a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and splenda brown sugar blend in a large bowl until smooth. Bet in egg and egg yolk. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until dough forms. Shape dough into a disc, wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Using a 4-inch cookie cutter, cut dough and place on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.