Ham and Rice Casserole
My mom got this recipe from the Dessert Dolntski Sisters' cookbook. I think. Her handwriting is difficult to read and, of course, the cookbooks are long gone.
- 4 cups cooked rice (approximately 1 cup raw)
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 package dried onion soup mix
- 2 cans cream of (celery, mushroom, and/or chicken) mix
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1-10 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 1-4 ounce can mushrooms
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 50mins
Mix all ingredients, except cheese, thoroughly. Place in greased casserole or flat pan. Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly (approximately 45 minutes). Sprinkle cheese on top and return to oven until cheese melts.