Apple and root vegetable hash
- 3/4 lb celery root, peeled and cut into 1/2" pc (2 c)
- 3/4 lb yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" pc (2 c)
- 3/4 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" pc (2 c)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 small firm sweet apples, peeled and cut into 1/2" pc (2 1/2 c)
- 1/4 c roughly chopped fresh sage leaves
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Add celery root and simmer 3 minutes. Add potatoes and sweet potatoes and simmer vegetables 2 minutes more. Drain well and spread vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet. Let cool 15 minutes.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook onions until translucent and just beginning to colour, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil the apples and vegetables; season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then press into a single layer using a spatula. Cook, undisturbed 2 minutes. Stir and repeat process until vegetables are very tender and beginning to caramelize, 8-10 minutes more. remove from heat, stir in sage and season with salt and pepper.