Salmon with Pistachio Basil Butter
- 1 1/4 pounds Sockeye Salmon Fillets
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios (about 1/8 pound unshelled)
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup herb butter, softened
- Sea salt
Cooking time 12mins
Heat charcoal 30 minutes until covered with a light layer of gray ash or heat gas grill on High 10 minutes with lid closed. Oil grill grate well to prevent fish from sticking.
Cut salmon into 4 portions and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Chop basil and shell pistachios. Squeeze juice from lime and mince garlic.
Place basil, pistachios, lime juice, and garlic in blender; pulse until pistachios and basil are finely chopped. Use a spatula to scrape down sides of blender. Remove mixture to a small bowl and stir in softened butter to blend. Set aside.
Grill salmon 4 inches above Medium heat. Hold palm just above grate. If heat causes you to pull away in 4 seconds, heat is ideal (375 degrees F surface temperature). Cook fillets 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until salmon is just cooked through and the center has turned from translucent to opaque. Thicker pieces may take longer to cook.
Place salmon on plates and top with basil pistachio butter. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- BUTTERMILK BACON SPINACH QUICHE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vanilla Bean Coconut Yogurt... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Melting Pot Shrimp Marinade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream of Lobster and Asparagus Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt Phyl's Baked Cod Italian-style 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ranchero Grilled Red Trout 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Loaf with Dill Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)