Amish Chicken Casserole
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
•Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
•Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat; gradually add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth and milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
•Combine noodles, chicken, and mushrooms in large bowl; stir in sauce. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9- x 13- inch baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered, 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.