Luious Low Carb Barbeque Sauce
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- 9, 2010Adriana's 9, 2010Adriana's Low Carb BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Heinz reduced sugar ketchup
- 1 to Diet Rite or another Diet soda that is sweetened with Splenda. (It has to be sweetened with Splenda or it'll turn out bitter because of the aspartame in other sodas.)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worsterschire sauce
- to pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium bowl wisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- 2. 15 a medium saucepan simmer sauce on medium low heat for 15 minutes. It will reduce and become thicker.
- *** I didn't use any extra sweetener because the ketchup and the diet rite are sweetened with Splenda and that's plenty sweet for a BBQ sauce.
- 8 1/4 get 8 servings at 1/4 cup each.
- 2.43 carbs per serving: 2.43