Black Bean Soup
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (or less) cilantro, minced
- 3 cans black beans (low sodium preferred)
- 2 cans Rotel (one original and one extra spicy)
- 1 can Mexi-corn (regular corn will do)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 fresh medium banana peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 pinch garlic salt (optional)
- flour/corn tortillas
- 1 lb. cooked ground beef/turkey (optional)
Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add all vegetables and seasonings to the Dutch oven, except cilantro.
Cook over medium heat until tender. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer covered for 20 minutes or more; stirring occasionally.
Serve with flame-warmed tortillas for a perfectly authentic Mexican flavor.