CREAM-SAUCED PASTA WITH VEGETABLES
- 3 cups Dried rotini
- 1 med Onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or butter
- 1 ¼ lb Fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut in 2” pieces(2 Cups)
- 1 med. Yellow squash or zucchini, halved and thinly sliced(2 cups)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Whipping cream
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
Cook pasta, drain, return pasta to hot pan to keep warm.
In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat about 3 min or until nearly tender. Stirring occasionally. Add asparagus, squash, salt and pepper to skillet. Cook for 3-5 min more or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally, add vegetables To pasta in pan.
Add whipping cream to skillet; bring to boiling. Boil gently for 5 minutes or until reduced to ¾ cup. To serve, pour reduced cream over pasta mixture, stir gently to coat stir in tomato.