Ancho-Rubbed Steaks With Clemetine-Red Onion Salsa
- 1 cup diced peeled clementines
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder (or chile powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 New York steaks, 3/4" thick
Mix clementines, red onion, cilantro, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, and white wine vinegar in small bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine chile powder and cayenne in small bowl. Sprinkle chile mixture and salt on both sides of steaks. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steaks to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve steaks with salsa.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Serve With: Baked potatoes and sautéed zucchini. Dessert: Dulce de leche ice cream with toasted almonds.
You'll also love
- Yucatan-Style Chicken, Lime, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wine-Braised Lamb Shanks With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bean Puree With Sun-Dried... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Stew With Green Olives And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Onion-Jalapeño Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mahi-Mahi With Blood Orange,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Red Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)