- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
1. To make the crepes: In a medium bowl, combine the cocoa powder, confectioners' sugar, flour, eggs, 3 tablespoons butter, and cream; whisk together until combined, being careful not to overmix. Add the milk, whisking continuously until the batter has an even and smooth consistency. Cover with plastic, and let rest at room temperature 30 minutes.
2. Heat a 7-inch nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, use a pastry brush to lightly brush the bottom of the pan with melted butter; remove any excess butter with a paper towel. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into the pan, and swirl pan immediately, covering entire surface. Cook crepe until center looks set, 45 to 55 seconds. Using a spatula, carefully flip crepe; cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate.
3. Repeat cooking process with the remaining butter and batter, stacking crepes between layers of waxed or parchment paper. Let cool completely, and cover with plastic wrap until ready to use. Store in a resealable plastic bag, refrigerated, up to 3 days, or frozen up to 1 month; bring to room temperature before assembling dessert
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Chocolate Crepe Souffle - Martha Stewart Recipes