Low Country Boil
- Quarter of 8-ounce bottle Zatarain's Liquid
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1 1/2 medium sweet onions, such as Vidalia, peeled
- 1 1/4 pounds cured, smoked pork sausage links, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Four 8-inch ears corn, shucked and cut in half
- 1 1/2 pounds raw medium shrimp, peel on
Fill a 2 1/2- to 3-gallon stockpot half full with water and bring to a boil.
Add the seasoning and potatoes to the pot.
Allow the water to return to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the onions and sausage.
Bring the water back to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
Add the corn, bring the water back to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are done.
Add the shrimp, bring the water back to a boil and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes.
Remove with a slotted spoon or drain in a large colander and serve on a large platter or on newspaper.