Tostadas With Eggs, Black Beans, And Chorizo
- 12 ounces chorizo casing removed
- 1 can refried black beans - (15 1/2 to 16 oz)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 tostadas (purchased 5" to 6"-dia crisp tortillas)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup drained purchased fresh tomato salsa
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft fresh goat cheese - (abt 2 oz)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Fry chorizo in medium skillet over medium-high heat until meat is cooked through and fat is rendered, about 10 minutes. Drain off all fat from skillet. Add beans to chorizo and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Arrange tostadas on baking sheet. Spread 1/3 cup bean-chorizo mixture on each tostada. Top with onion. Place in oven to keep warm.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over high heat. Drop in eggs 1 at a time. Fry over medium-high heat until whites are firm but yolks are still tender, about 1 minute per side. Using metal spatula, place 1 egg on each tostada; top with salsa, avocado, and cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
"I still take great pride in the food of my homeland. Yucatecan cuisine is known for its Mayan influence, and the essential ingredients we use limes, spices, avocados, tomatoes, peppers make for wonderful flavors. Now that ground spices are readily available and vegetables can be quickly chopped in a food processor, preparing traditional Mexican dishes is easier than ever."
This dish is the Yucatecan version of huevos rancheros.
You'll also love
- TURKEY CHORIZO STUFFED CHILI... 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Tomato, Onion, And Serrano Chile... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Fritters With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stir-Fried Noodles With Singapore... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Cheese And Sausage Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pinto Bean Enfrijoladas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hand-Mashed Pinto Beans With Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken-Apple Sausage And Fresh... 0/5 (0 Votes)