Tomato, Onion, And Serrano Chile Salsa
- 1 1/4 pounds plum tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 serrano chiles coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped fresh cilantro - (loosely packed)
Seed and dice 10 tomato halves; transfer to large bowl. Place remaining tomatoes in blender; add onion, lime juice, chiles, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add cilantro. Pulse just to mix in cilantro.
Pour tomato puree into bowl with diced tomatoes. Stir to blend. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
This recipe yields about 2 cups.
This recipe is an accompaniment for Crispy Pork With Avocado Salsa And Tomato Salsa.
You'll also love
- Sweet Fritters With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stir-Fried Noodles With Singapore... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach And Roasted Red Pepper... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sesame-Ginger Beef And Asparagus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Whole Fish With Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green Onion-Jalapeño Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Olives, Caramelized... 0/5 (0 Votes)