RED VELVET BROWNIE PIE
- For the Pie
- 1 pie crust, packaged or from scratch
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- For the Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll your pie crust and place in a 9” pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
2.Combine cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and food coloring in a small bowl. Stir to form a paste.
3.Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time, then add remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add cocoa powder mixture and beat until completely incorporated. Mix in flour and salt. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared crust.
4.Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or only slightly colored). You may want to cover the edges of your crust with foil before baking. (I forgot and my edges got a little too brown for my tastes.) Cool completely. Serve with cream cheese whipped cream.
5.Make the cream: Beat 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream with 1 tablespoon sugar about 5 minutes until soft peaks form. Chill until ready to use. Mix 4 ounces softened cream cheese with ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla using a hand-held mixer. Fold into whipped cream. Serve with Red Velvet Brownie Pie.