Buttered Green Beans and Mushrooms
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
Fat:3g (sat 1.8g,mono 0.7g,poly 0.2g)
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
1. Steam green beans, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Pat dry with a towel; set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 8 minutes or until mushroom liquid evaporates. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and green beans; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, tossing to combine.