Garlic and Butter Roasted Mushrooms with Capers
- 8 oz mushrooms( white or baby bella or a combination thereof)*
- 3 tsp small capers
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBS oil( I used olive oil)
- 1 1/2 TBS unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- splash of white wine(optional)
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- chopped flat-leaf parsley
- dried chile flakes(optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- *If mushrooms are large, cut in half
- or even in quarters
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF with rack in middle.
2. Toss mushrooms with capers, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper( chile flakes and/or black pepper) in a shallow baking dish.
Top with butter.
3. Roast in either a preheated oven or you can easily do in a toaster oven( which is what I used). Stir mushrooms occasionally while roasting.
4. Add a splash of white wine halfway through the roasting, if desired.
5. Roast until mushrooms are tender and golden about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh parsley.