Skewered Rosemary Shrimp With Mint Pesto
- MINT PESTO:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese - (packed)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese - (packed)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely-chopped jalapeño chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves - (packed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 24 large uncooked shrimp - (abt 2 lbs) peeled, deveined, and tails left intact
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 24 woody 4"-long rosemary sprigs
For Mint Pesto: Combine first 7 ingredients in processor. Using on/off turns, process until mixture is smooth. Add mint leaves and lemon juice; process until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl. Gradually add oil and process until mint pesto is smooth and creamy. (Can be made 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
For Shrimp: Preheat broiler. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Whisk oil, garlic, and parsley in medium bowl to blend. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Arrange shrimp in single layer on broiler pan. Broil until opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice and toss with 1/2 cup mint pesto. Starting at base end of rosemary, skewer 1 shrimp on each sprig. Arrange on platter and serve.
This recipe yields 24 shrimp.
What To Drink: Pinot Grigio.