Pomegranate White Chocolate Mousse Pie
The Tasty Kitchen Blog
- 1-¼ cup Pomegranate Juice Plus 2 Tablespoons, Divided
- 1 envelope (1/4 Oz. Envelope) Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 ounces, weight White Chocolate Chips, Melted
- ¼ cups Sugar
- 1 whole Pie Crust (pre-baked) Or Graham Cracker Crust
- Pomegranate Arils And Extra Whipped Cream, For Decorating
Pour 2 tablespoons of the pomegranate juice into a small bowl. Empty the contents of the gelatin packet into it. Stir slightly to incorporate, and then let soften.
In a small sauce pan, bring the rest of the pomegranate juice to a boil. Pour the boiling juice over the gelatin mixture, and stir until the gelatin dissolves completely. Allow to cool.
In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Pour in the melted white chocolate and sugar, and beat until combined. Pour the cooled pomegranate mixture into the whipped cream mixture; it will be very soupy. Beat on medium speed until well-combined.
Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Decorate with whipped cream and pomegranate arils, if desired.