- 1 1/2 pounds steak (desired cut)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves -- crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 mushrooms -- sliced
- 1 medium onion -- sliced
- 1 green bell pepper -- seeded, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 can crushed tomatoes - (28 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano or Romano cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to the pan. Brown 3 minutes on each side and remove.
Add remainder of vegetable oil to pan and reduce heat to medium-high. Add garlic, pepper flakes, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Cook mixture 5 minutes, then add wine and scrape up any good-bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper, to taste.
Slide steak back in and reduce heat to medium. Cover pan and cook 5 or 6 minutes for medium-rare, 10 to 12 minutes for medium-well. Remove meat and divide into 2 portions. Cover steaks with sauce and top with grated cheese.
Serve with a side of meatless spaghetti.