Roasted-Tomatillo And Lime Salsa
- 8 ounces small tomatillos - (abt 8) husked, rinsed
- 1 large jalapeño chile stemmed
- 10 large fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped white onion
Preheat broiler. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange tomatillos and jalapeño chile on prepared baking sheet. Broil until tomatillos and jalapeño chile are soft and blackened in spots, about 5 minutes per side.
Cool; transfer tomatillos, jalapeño chile, and any juices on baking sheet to blender. Add fresh mint and lime juice; blend to coarse puree. Transfer mixture to bowl; mix in chopped onion. Season salsa with salt.
This recipe yields about 1 cup.
This recipe is an accompaniment for Oval Masa Cakes With Goat Cheese Filling.
You'll also love
- Roasted Potatoes With Herbs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rice Pudding With Raisins And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raisin And Almond Tartlets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Profiteroles With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange-Almond Cream Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Barley Pilaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Guacamole With Roasted Tomatillos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado And Tomatillo Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)