Bacon and Egg Potato Salad
- 4 large eggs
- 2 lbs (about 5 medium size) potatoes
- 1 tbls salt
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 sweet yellow corn
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbls whole grain mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Place eggs in a small saucepan. Pour in enough water to completely cover eggs. Place them over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Let eggs boil for 5 minutes before covering the pan with a tight fitting lid and removing them from heat. Allow eggs to sit in the hot water for approximately 30 minutes. Peel and chop into large pieces; set aside.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into large cubes. Place potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 tsp salt to the water. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until they are fork tender; drain, set aside.
3. Cook bacon until crispy and set aside
4. In the same bacon pan, cook the onions and garlic. When finished add to the potato bowl.
5. In a medium size bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard; stir well. Pour over the cooled potato mixture, add the bacon and toss all together well to combine. Add salt and pepper. Just before serving sprinkle with paprika.
You'll also love
- Black Bean Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini with Rice and Coconut Milk 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Raw Chard Burrito 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Hearty Beef Stew 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- POTATO SALAD 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage With Cabbage Sweet... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Orecchiette with Kale, Bacon, and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Wine & Garlic 4.2/5 (31 Votes)