Bacon and Egg Potato Salad
- 4 large eggs
- 2 lbs (about 5 medium size) potatoes
- 1 tbls salt
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 sweet yellow corn
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbls whole grain mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnish
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Place eggs in a small saucepan. Pour in enough water to completely cover eggs. Place them over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Let eggs boil for 5 minutes before covering the pan with a tight fitting lid and removing them from heat. Allow eggs to sit in the hot water for approximately 30 minutes. Peel and chop into large pieces; set aside.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into large cubes. Place potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 tsp salt to the water. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until they are fork tender; drain, set aside.
3. Cook bacon until crispy and set aside
4. In the same bacon pan, cook the onions and garlic. When finished add to the potato bowl.
5. In a medium size bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard; stir well. Pour over the cooled potato mixture, add the bacon and toss all together well to combine. Add salt and pepper. Just before serving sprinkle with paprika.