Betty Crocker recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
- 1 medium green onion, thinly sliced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 3/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and remaining ingredients except cheese. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink. (Do not overcook shrimp or they will become tough.) Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese.
This succulent shrimp dish is good as is, and it's also delicious served over hot cooked rice or fettuccine.
Shrimp is very perishable. Store it uncooked in the refrigerator no longer than 1 to 2 days.
Cook the shrimp only 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Shrimp will turn pink when done.
1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 180(Calories from Fat 70),Total Fat 8g(Saturated Fat 1 1/2g,Trans Fat 0g),Cholesterol 240mg;Sodium 430mg;Total Carbohydrate 1g(Dietary Fiber 0g,Sugars 0g),Protein 26g;Percent Daily Value*:Calcium ;Exchanges:0 Starch;0 Fruit;0 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;0 Vegetable;3 1/2 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;1 1/2 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:0;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.